Healthy Transmission Tip #10.
TEN STEPS TO THE LEE MYLES DIAGNOSTIC AND REPAIR PROCEDURE
You Always Feel Safer And More Comfortable When You Know What To Expect.
When You Suspect A Transmission Problem..
1. Dial 1-800-LEEMYLES. Your call will be automatically routed to the Lee Myles TRANSMISSIONS & AutoCare Center nearest you.
2. The Lee Myles Center Manager will ask a few questions to determine whether the vehicle can be driven to the center or, if it is safer, to dispatch a tow truck to have it brought in.
3. When the vehicle arrives at the center, a Free Lee Myles Check 11 Procedure will be performed to determine whether the problem is inside the transmission or is external to it, or, for that matter, if there is any problem at all.
*Note: On occasion, because of electrical or electronic problems indicated, further diagnosis will be necessary to determine the cause and possible cure for the malfunction. In such situations the Center Manager will ask for approval to go ahead with a more in depth study of the problem. This may include the use of an electronic scanning device or other equipment designed for the purpose. There may be a charge for this diagnostic service, in which case the Center Manager will explain it in detail and ask for your authorization to continue.
4. If it is determined that the problem is external of the transmission, the Center Manager will recommend an appropriate course of action to resolve the problem. It may involve a repair to another part of the vehicle that either controls or has some influence on the function of the transmission.
5. If the transmission itself is found to be at fault the Center Manager may ask for authorization to remove it from the vehicle and disassemble it to determine the cause and the extent of the damage. There may be a charge for this service. If so, this charge will become part of the cost of the repairs when you decide which corrective service best suits your needs.
6. When the transmission has been fully transmission cooler will help to bring the temperature down to normal operating level adding significantly to the life of the transmission.
7. You will be informed as to exactly what caused the transmission failure and the steps that will be taken to once again make the transmission road-worthy. Several repair options with various warranties will be offered.
8. Once you have chosen the option that best suits your requirements, the repair, reconditioning, replacement, or rebuilding of the transmission will be completed. After the transmission has been reinstalled in the vehicle it will be road tested to confirm that the process has indeed solved the problem. You will then be informed that the vehicle is ready.
9. When you come to pick up your vehicle the Center Manager will once again go over, in detail, the procedure that was performed, the itemized invoice, and a complete explanation of the warranty and how you would go about getting service under it. Only when you understand all of the details and have no further questions will the process be considered complete.
10. You will be invited to bring the vehicle in for a re-check within the next two weeks to confirm that the transmission is functioning normally and that all questions and concerns have been addressed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does Lee Myles have financing available?
Financing is available in most cases to qualified buyers through several lending institutions. Your Center Manager will be happy to help with the details.
Aren’t professionals like Lee Myles more expensive?
No. Lee Myles can save you money by diagnosing your problem correctly and fixing your transmission right the first time. All of our dealers offer the free Check 11 procedure to determine the extent of necessary repairs and many offer free towing to the center with a major repair. They will only sell you the repair you need to put your vehicle back in tip-top shape, nothing more and nothing less. That’s the true economy.
How long will it take to repair my transmission?
Minor repairs, services, and adjustments can many times be done immediately, while you wait. More major services involving the removal and repair of the transmission can take one or more days depending on parts availability and complexity.
What types of warranties are available on major repairs?
The standard limited warranty is 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first. But there are extended warranties available depending on the level of service chosen. Your Center Manager will explain all the details.